Since 1991, I've had a tennis racket in my hand nearly every day.
How i started
I started playing tennis around age 6 and haven't stopped since. That's what growing up in a tennis family will do to you. My coaching career began shortly after high school when a former coach of mine asked me to step in and help for a couple hours a week in some of his busier junior classes.
While I was finishing my work toward a bachelors degree in business management I began coaching tennis. I immediately enjoyed teaching and wanted to learn more. It was very rewarding. Many people resonated with my coaching style so I knew I was on to something. I got certified by the USPTA and quickly worked my way up to Junior Development Coordinator before becoming the Head Professional.
Now that I have relocated to Orange County California I'm ready to start again and build something even better down here.
What I've Achieved
- Ran a successful 70+ kid Junior Program
- Developed dozens of kids into top 30 ranked players and number 1 ranked Junior High and High School players
- Mentored and led multiple adult USTA teams to playoffs
- Ran numerous 10 and Under Tennis programs
- Worked with parents and kids to set specific goals for players, and helped ensure their success in meeting them along the way
- Coordinated Junior Tennis League match play
- Brought many new people into the sport, and taught them to love the game which has ultimately added value to the sport of tennis